Help, I Found A Dog
Somewhere, someone is looking for the animal you just found. Please use the steps outlined below to reunite them. Also go to our Lost Dog page. The owner of the lost dog will be following these steps in their search.
Thanks for caring enough to get involved and make a difference!
- Check for postings of lost dogs around the area you found the animal, vet clinics, animal shelters, pet shops, also check the papers and web.
- Contact Rescue groups. There is a full list on PetFinder.org.
- You can also take the dog to a vet clinic to check if it is microchipped. They will scan it for free.
- Make posters with photo and your contact number and place them at the above places.
- Many news papers will let you place a found ad on the classified section for free.
- If you can’t keep the dog until the owner shows up, there are organizations like The Humane Society and other rescue groups that will put it for adoption.
- Taking the dog to the Animal Shelter should be the last resource, as they euthanize it after a few days it hasn’t been picked up by the owner or adopted.